Audit Asset Inventory: Prepare, Perform, Record Asset Audits
Asset inventory audit is an essential part of physical asset management. The eQuip! asset inventory management software has the features to support the various methods for auditing asset inventory:
- Audit by validation
- Statistical Sampling
- Wall to Wall inventory audit
Watch a short video on how to use eQuip! Mobile Asset Tracking solution to scan barcodes and audit assets:
Why consider Audit by Validation and Statistical Sampling methods?
- These are accepted as asset management best practices
- Save time and labor if they are structured and managed properly
- Significantly improve the results from Wall to Wall Inventory Audits, often required in many organizations
How Audit by Validation is supported by the eQuip! asset inventory management software?
- Define a certain set of actions in the life cycle management of assets as audit by validation
- Generate a report that identify assets that haven’t been validated for a certain period of time
- Save time and labor hours by only conducting physical audit on these assets that haven’t been validated
How Audit by Statistical Sampling is supported by the eQuip! asset inventory management software?
- Define a strategy to systematically audit all inventory over a period of time
- Institute routine tasks by generating a monthly list for physical audits
Audit Asset Inventory using the eQuip! Mobile application
- Use a variety of mobile devices, including mobile phones and ruggedized devices
- Sync the native eQuip! Mobile application on Android, iOS, or Win Mobile operating systems with the web application
- Use the camera function in these devices to rapidly scan barcodes, read Low Energy Bluetooth tags or RFID tags.
- Update quantity and location
Audit Asset Inventory using IT hardware auto discovery tools, like SCCM and LANSWEEPER
- Scan all networked devices regularly and automatically – save time and labor hours
- Reconcile with asset inventory in eQuip! asset inventory software
Record Asset Inventory audit results:
- Value of audited asset inventory
- Count of audited asset inventory
- Shortage and overage
- Lost, Damaged assets
For a step by step guide on how to use the eQuip! Asset Management software to conduct asset inventory audit, download the white paper here: