Generating DD1149 Forms with eQuip!
What is a DD1149 Form?
The DD Form 1149 is a form commonly used by Department of Defense components and contractors. Workers from NASA, DoE, DHS, DoT and the DoJ may be required to use the DD Form 1149 in certain circumstances.
It is officially classified as a Requisition and Invoice/Shipping document.
The current version of the DD1149 form can be found on the Directive Division page.
DD1149 forms are commonly used in the following situations:
- The return of government furnished property (GFP)
- The shipment of government furnished property (GFP)
- The internal transfer of government property between contracts
- The shipment of government property to other contractors
- The shipment of government property to secondary locations of the prime contractor
What information goes on the DD1149?
The DoD Manual 4161.2-M, Appendix E previously provided instructions on how to fill out and use DD Form 1149. However, this manual has been rescinded and is now considered obsolete. Currently there are no official instructions on how to complete the form. Our recommendations are based on a presentation by Edward Winters, located here.
For contract transfers, it is recommended that you include:
- Loosing contract number and information
- Gaining contract number and information
For shipping, it is recommended that you include:
- The complete shipping address
- The Attention and M/F information
- The requisition number and date if applicable
- Date the material is required
- Shipment authority
- Voucher number and date
- Part number, Stock Number, NSN, and record ID #
- Quantity shipped
- Pricing information
- Shipping information provided by the shipping department
According to DCMA, DD1149 reporting is estimated to average 1 hour per response.
This includes time for reviewing instructions, searching existing data sources, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information.
Here is what one government property administrator shared about his experience:
I’ve worked in Property Management for 35 years and during that time I have prepared more DD1149 Forms than I care to admit.
Wouldn’t it be great if all those forms took less time?
How eQuip! helps with DD1149 creation
Despite how often DD1149 forms are used, they seem to never get easier. That’s why we created eQuip! for government property management.
Government property management is often full of tedious and inefficient processes (such as DD1149 form creation). With eQuip! your organization can streamline these processes and improve efficiency.
The eQuip! for Government Property Management solution is an all-inclusive service to provide Software as a Service (SaaS), efficient customer on boarding, and dedicated customer support. All with a fixed annual subscription cost.
Watch the video below to see how eQuip! for Government Property Management has reduced the time required to generate a DD1149 form from 1 hour to 5 minutes:
Key features in eQuip! for Government Property Management:
- Software as a Service (SaaS) option provides eQuip! value at a lower cost
- Easily receive Government Furnished Property (GFP) with spreadsheet upload
- Record Contractor Acquired Property (CAP) by importing information from purchasing systems
- Quickly import asset information from the IUID registry
- Update IUID registry with automatically compatible files
- Track equipment, materials, and supplies by contract, by trask order, or by project
- Track assemblies and kits
- Use standard or custom reports
- Generate DD1149 forms automatically
If you want to learn more about eQuip! for Government Property Management, you can fill out the form to the right to contact one of our asset management experts today. We’ll be happy to see how we can help.