White Paper: Protect IP with Asset Management Solutions
Can you protect Intellectual Property by improving the end to end asset management process for managing IP sensitive product samples and other materials? Yes.
This white paper outlines steps manufacturers can take to protect intellectual property during the product design life cycle. Download now!
Every year, manufacturers lost hundreds of billions of dollars in potential revenue because of the “leaks” in intellectual property.
- According to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Intellectual Property Rights Seizures statistics, in 2014, total number of IRP related seizures was $55.7 Million and the total value of IPR related seizures (MRSP) was $250 Billion.
- UP to 5% of goods imported into the European Union are fakes, according to the 2013 OECD report, “Trade in Counterfeit and Pirated Goods: Mapping the Economic Impact”.
This white paper outlines steps manufacturers can take to protect intellectual property and minimize the risks of “leaking” IP sensitive information during the product design life cycle. It talks about how to manage risks in these vulnerable areas:
- Do you keep track of every piece of assets created, from the time it is created to the time it is disposed?
- After the assets are no longer needed, do you make sure they are destroyed properly and timely?
- Do you keep a log on asset transfers, even if it is on loan from one employee to another, for one day or one week?
- Do you require certain documentation to prove disposal?
- Do you keep record of all disposed assets, and make sure the record is searchable for future investigation use?