Maximizing the performance of fixed assets and reducing the life time maintenance costs are key value drivers for improving your equipment inventory’s return on investment. These equipment can be any fixed capital investment, special tools, testing instruments and emergency equipment. Any Enterprise Asset Management solution should include features to manage equipment maintenance and associated work orders.
While many asset management solution require users to purchase a separate module to manage the maintenance activities on fixed assets, eQuip! has included the basic features to manage equipment maintenance and work order activities in one integrated solution.
These features include:
- Schedule and track preventive maintenance activities
- Schedule and track ad hoc (i.e. on demand) maintenance activities
- Generate work orders with user authentication
- Track work orders, time and labor, manage parts inventory
- Track capital asset replacement cost, warranty information for equipment and other assets
- Record past and present contract details and employee information
The benefits of using equipment maintenance functions in an asset management solution
The values from streamlined equipment maintenance operations come from four improvement areas: cost savings, efficiency gains, safety, and effectiveness.
Cost saving can include:
- Total cost of scraped materials as a result of machine malfunctioning
- Extra charge for last minute or unscheduled maintenance operations
- Extra spend for leasing temporary equipment due to breakdown
Efficiency gains can include:
- Total hours of idle labor as a result of equipment malfunctioning and unscheduled equipment downtime
- Total labor hours spent on generating work orders, filing subcontractor reports