Reporting Asset Inventory — Asset Life Cycle Management
Access standard reports, customize routine reports and create ad hoc reports
Report asset inventory from an asset inventory management system — three ways:
Standard reports — Use common reports already in the eQuip! asset inventory software — likely will meet 80% of report asset inventory needs.
Ad hoc reports — Leverage the asset inventory data already in the eQuip! asset inventory systems, and generate reports quickly. Users should be able to customize the reporting format easily, without asking the assistance from the IT department or external programmers.
Customized reports — Customize the design of the reports, save them for repeat report asset inventory use. Users can use the same excel templates that have been used in the organization, or they can use the required format issued by their government auditors or grant management entities.
In managing assets, including physical and IT assets, capitalized and consumable assets, property managers or other users of the asset management system need to produce many reports, at any point of time, for different purposes. Some are for internal management use, and others are to meet the needs for external audits or regulatory requirements.
Examples of Standard Reports for all frameworks of the eQuip! asset management solution include:
Assets listed in Access
Asset History Report
Asset Chain of Custody
Assets by Purchase Date
Assets needing audit
Retired assets report
End of lease report
Examples of some pre-installed reports for different frameworks of the eQuip! asset management solution include:
IT Asset Management
- Network discovery discrepancy report (identifying items discovered from the network discovery process that are not in the asset depository)
- Software patch report (identifying all software associated with each hardware)
Equipment Management for Emergency Management
- Force Account Equipment Summary (as required by FEMA for reimbursement)
- Equipment by Jurisdiction (for the purpose of sharing resources among jurisdictions)
Government Property Management
- DD1149 (Requisition and Invoice/Shipping document)
- DD250 (Delivery/Acceptance by Customer)
- Disposition Record Report (prepared for the approval by the government contracting officer and saved as the record after the approval)
- Maintenance and Calibration Summary Report (as required by FAR)