eQuip Asset Tracking Solution for Commercial Enterprises
Improve Efficiency, Reduce Loss, and Protect Intellectual Property
Automated asset tracking can improve efficiency by preventing asset loss and reducing time committed to asset management and asset audits.
An asset tracking solution can also protect against intellectual property theft and help enterprises to meet important regulatory requirements.
Common problems in asset tracking for commercial enterprises:
Many businesses face common challenges in asset management. We’ve found the most common problems are:
- Loss of equipment due to lack of asset audit trail
- Loss of sensitive product samples due to lack of controlled transfer of custody
- Over-payment on property taxes due to lack of timely update on asset disposition
- Lack of a single software platform to organize basic physical asset information
How an asset tracking solution helps these problems:
- Allows you to maintain an asset audit trail
- More easily institute an approval process for transfer of sensitive items
- Enables you to quickly implement asset disposition processes and requirements
- Can connect with other systems to create one single platform for asset information
Why Choose eQuip! as an asset tracking solution?
An asset tracking system should incorporate all financial and operational information of equipment and other enterprise assets into one place.
This allows businesses to make the best decision in managing their assets.
In order for an asset tracking system to do this, it needs to meet certain technical requirements:
- One integrated web based solution, including mobile apps on purpose built barcode scanners, smartphones and tablet devices.
- Flexible architecture to allow for quick changes in asset fields, workflow actions, reports
- Guided customer on boarding process to configure the system to support unique business processes.
- Flexible tools for system administrators uses to update workflow actions, add approval steps and email notifications.
- Flexible software deployment models including Software as a Service, and Managed Hosting with clustered servers in different continents to ensure performance and scalability.
- Built in support for asset tracking technologies like RFID and Bluetooth tags
Protecting Intellectual Property with Asset Tracking
Asset tracking is an important aspect of many enterprises businesses. If your business deals with Intellectual Property, asset tracking is especially important.
For more information, please read our SlideShare on asset tracking and intellectual property.
Use cases for eQuip! enterprise asset management and asset tracking solution:
- Track the chain of custody of product samples in the global supply chain to protect intellectual property
- Track the movement of certain materials in the manufacturing process to meet regulatory requirements, such as Anexo 24 for IMMEX companies
- Install RFID readers and tags to automate the tracking of sensitive items in the field
- Track the movement of physical assets across different states to provide accurate information for property taxes